More exciting news on the Skype Preview front, Germany and Belgium have now entered preview for Microsoft PSTN Calling. This means you can get first party PSTN user numbers directly from Microsoft as your carrier for Germany and Belgium in preview
PSTN Calling is generally available for France, Puerto Rico, Spain, UK and US and in preview for Ireland, Netherlands and now Belgium and Germany.
Josh Blalock actually beat me to the punch on this news (I must be slacking), you should check out his Skype4bRecap YouTube weekly update here
This functionality is currently still under development, but you can sign up at skypepreview.com and Microsoft will notify you once they are ready to on-board you.
Qualification for being in the preview:
- You need an Office 365 billing address in one of the countries where PSTN Calling is available (tech preview or GA) – If you don’t have this you cannot go on to purchase a license.
Then to license end users:
- The O365 service location profile country of the user must match the country of the phone number being provided.
- You need to be able to provide a physical address for the user+phone number that is allowed by the national regulator – This varies between countries. In UK any UK address is allowed, but in France, addresses must be within a geographical zone within the country defined by the regulator.
Requirements for preview
- 50 users using PSTN Calling with their Office 365 number as their main telephone number
- Users are expected to complete frequent program surveys to provide feedback on experiences
- Join occasional live feedback sessions and actively provide feedback
Get signed up to get testing.