I will endeavour to keep updating this post as more news breaks. The Microsoft keynote with Ron Markezich, Microsoft CVP of Office 365 is on 29th @ 10am ET. You can watch it on a live Skype Broadcast here. Already a lot of news has been released.
Auto Attendant and Call Queues are now generally available on Cloud PBX
Auto Attendant provides an automated system to answer and route inbound calls using dial pad inputs and speech recognition. Call Queues enable incoming calls to be routed to the next available live attendant in the order they are received. At GA these features are only supported on pure SfBO tenants, so no server hybrid or CCE currently, not ETA on hybrid support but Microsoft realise this is an important use case and have said stay tuned.
Skype for Business Call Analytics Preview
A new dashboard in the Office 365 admin console that gives IT admins greater visibility to identify and address user call issues, such as network issues or headset problems. This technology has come from the acquisition of the IP from EventZero. Call Analytics provides rich telemetry data in real-time to help IT admins troubleshoot issues and improve the user experience. You can sign up for the preview at skypepreview.com
Polycom RealConnect for Office 365 (codename Aqua) generally available in North America in April
The Polycom RealConnect cloud service running in Azure enables customers to connect existing videoconferencing (VTC) devices to Skype for Business Online, at a low cost of ownership, and with ease of provisioning for IT and simplicity for users. The preview is currently open to North American Office 365 tenants. For more checkout this youtube video: Skype Academy: Polycom RealConnect Service for Office 365 (preview)
Crestron announce their next generation Skype Room Systems (Rigel): SR for Skype Rooms Systems
Following Logitech who launched in October 2016, Crestron SR will deliver a full native Skype for Business experience and has been designed from the ground up to seamlessly integrate with the Crestron control and AV systems.
- Two (2) HDMI® and Crestron DigitalMedia™ inputs and outputs
- Six (6) USB ports to connect audio devices, a camera, and other accessories
- Cresnet® port to add an occupancy sensor for automation and room usage reporting
Enghouse has released its TouchPoint Attendant, one of the first attendant consoles for Skype for Business Online
Utilizing the Skype for Business client SDK, org auto attendant, and call queue features, TouchPoint Attendant solution natively integrates into Microsoft’s Skype for Business Online and Office 365.
Enghouse are offering a 30 day trial here
SOF Successful Engagement
Not strictly Enterprise Connect News, but I’m sure it will be talked about there. The SOF: Successful Engagement release focuses on the following:
- Sharing stories of overall customer success.
- A new look and feel for the SOF site
- Launching a new workshop to help customers and partners plan for success as a first step in their journey
- Adding guidance on how to leverage our new Cloud PBX voice features (Cloud PBX Auto Attendant, Cloud PBX Call Queues), Online Tenant Dial Plans, new Call Quality Dashboard (CQD) reports and Number Porting Guidance
- Sharing best practices on how to use Skype Meeting Broadcast
- Simplifying a number of key design assets based on customer/partner feedback.
SOF Readiness Training for this release well be made available on April 4th, you can register for the SOF Overview session using this link.
More information here: SOF Successful Engagement Release March 27th