PSTN Calling for Ireland and Netherlands for Skype for Business Online Cloud PBX now in Public Preview
Exciting news, PSTN Calling for Ireland and Netherlands has been added to skypepreview.com. PSTN calling is the service where Microsoft provide your user phone numbers directly from the cloud, acting as your “PSTN carrier”. Currently, PSTN Calling is generally available for France, Puerto Rico, Spain, UK and US.
This functionality for Ireland and Netherlands is currently still under development, but you can sign up at skypepreview.com and Microsoft will notify you once they are ready to onboard you.
Qualification for being in the preview:
- You need an Office 365 billing address in one of the countries where PSTN Calling is available (tech preview or GA) – If you don’t have this you cannot go on to purchase a license.
Then to license end users:
- The O365 service location profile country of the user must match the country of the phone number being provided.
- You need to be able to provide a physical address for the user+phone number that is allowed by the national regulator – This varies between countries. In UK any UK address is allowed, but in France, addresses must be within a geographical zone within the country defined by the regulator.
Requirements for preview
- 50 users using PSTN Calling with their Office 365 number as their main telephone number
- Users are expected to complete frequent program surveys to provide feedback on experiences
- Join occasional live feedback sessions and actively provide feedback
I’m sure Korneel is particularly excited
Get signed up to get testing.