Cloud Connector Edition 1.4.1 with Management Service for Auto-Upgrades
Cloud Connector Edition 1.4.1 was just made generally available. Cloud Connector Edition is a hybrid offering that consists of a set of packaged Virtual Machines (VMs) that implement on-premises PSTN connectivity with Cloud PBX. Users who are homed on Cloud PBX can have PSTN connectivity from on-premises SIP or ISDN via CCE.
The following updates were made in version Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition 1.4.1, released on August 22, 2016:
- Added and updated configurations in CloudConnector.ini include:
- SiteName: Required. Skype for Business site name; for example, Seattle.Name in .ini file: “SiteName”For Release 1.4.1, site name must be different for each site, and the name must match the PSTN site defined in Office 365.
- HardwareType: Type of hardware. The default value is Normal. You can also set to Minimum for smaller deployments that can support up to 50 simultaneous calls.
- CorpnetDNSIPAddress: Required. Will be configured on the internal interface of temporary VM. Should provide name resolution for Internet names. Without providing a DNS server, the internet connection will fail, and deployment will not finish. If not configured correctly you won’t be able to use Window Updates for the base VM image.Name in .ini file: “CorpnetDNSIPAddress” under “Parameters for a pool of VM network
- WSUSServer: Optional configuration. The address of the Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)—an intranet server to host updates from Microsoft Update. You can leave blank if WSUS is not needed.
- WSUSStatusServer: Optional configuration. The address of the Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)—an intranet server to host updates from Microsoft Update. You can leave blank if WSUS is not needed.
- EnableReferSupport: This will define whether SIP REFER support is enabled or disabled on the Trunk Configuration to your IP/PBX. The default value is True. If your IP/PBX Gateway supports REFER support, please leave this as True. If it does not, this value needs to be changed to False. If you are not sure if your gateway supports REFER, please reference Microsoft Unified Communications Open Interoperability Program for Qualified IP-PBXs Gateways.
- ForwardPAI: Determines whether the PAI (P-Asserted-Identity) header field is forwarded from the Mediation Server to the gateways. The value can be True or False. The default value is True.
- Added a CCE Management Service on host server to manage High Availability Detection/Recover, Binary auto-upgrade, and Operating System auto-upgrade
- Added 5 new cmdlets, deprecated 3 cmdlets, and updated Install-CcInstance and Uninstall-CcInstance to Install-CcAppliance and Uninstall-CcAppliance. See Cloud Connector cmdlet reference for more information.
See the following documentation for more information: Prepare your environment for Cloud Connector 1.4.1