Lync iOS and Android Mobile clients will soon be upgraded to Skype for Business
Much like the Windows Mobile client in July, next month the Lync iPhone and iPad clients and Android clients will be automatically updated to the new Skype for Business clients/UI via the Apple and Google App Stores.
On windows phone there was no option to defer/delay/reverse this change, I would expect the same for iOS and Android.
Users are being notified of the change in the iOS client now. So if your users are using the Lync mobile client today, you probably want to help notify and educate them on the upcoming change.
The preview program is already running, new features include:
- Contact search bar—Search your Global Address List by first name, last name, email alias or even a phone number! On iOS, your phone contacts are also included in the search.
- Upcoming appointments—Here you can see your current and next meetings in your calendar. You can either click through to read more about the meeting or click the Quick Join icon to join the meeting right away.
- Recent conversations—Makes it easy to refer back to your most recent chats, phone calls and meetings
- Larger buttons make it easier to mute, add participants and manage your call.
- Video, which now fills the screen, brings you closer to your colleagues.
- We made it easier to navigate between video and content with just one tap by simplifying the IM, video and content panes. While you can still view content in full screen, you can now also view content and see the speaker’s video at the same time!