Good news that a few customers have been waiting for, Citrix have now passed certification for support on Lync 2013, joining Microsoft and VMware as supported platforms.
Looking Under Infrastructure / Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
|Vendor||Tested Product||Local Client||Remote Server||Protocol|
|Citrix||XenDesktop||Citrix Receiver 4.1.02||XenDesktop Virtual Delivery Agent 7.1||ICA|
|Note: Citrix VDI solution for Lync Plugin is currently approved for use with Win7 client OS. Testing on Win8 and 8.1 is in progress. For the best experience, Microsoft recommends updating to the latest available Lync cumulative update.|
This is with the Lync VDI plugin allowing full audio and video while using VDI.
Update: 18/6/20: Citrix has published some additional support details: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX138408.html
Interestingly Citrix have listed a much larger list of supported versions (including XenApp) than on the Microsoft List:
- XenDesktop 7.x deployment of Windows 7 Desktop OS machines
- XenDesktop 7.x deployment of Windows Server 2008 R2 machines with hosted Remote Desktop Service (RDS) desktops
- XenDesktop 5.6 deployment with XenDesktop 7 VDI VDAs
- XenApp 6.x deployment of Windows Server 2008 R2 published desktops
- XenApp 7.5 deployment of Windows Server 2008 R2 published desktops
- VDI-in-a-Box 5.4 (XenDesktop 7.1 VDA) deployment of Windows 7 Desktop OS machine