Quick post for reference really
Lync users are usually setup with their number in the format “tel:+XXXXXXXYYYY;ext=ZZZZ”
Often, YYYY and ZZZ match and are set mainly for PIN sign in on Lync phones.
On a Lync setup I noticed calls were going out with the calling party set as “+XXXXXXXYYYYZZZZ”, obviously incorrect. No matter how I messed with the rules ZZZZ kept getting appended. I could “hack it” by Stripping to “XXXXXXX” and having the extension appended, but it wasn’t right.
I didn’t initially realise that the Sonus has a specific “Type” match for “ext=ZZZZ” on it’s translation rules called “Calling Extension”. Adding a rule to catch and strip this quickly removed the issue. In this example we actually wanted the calls to go out anonymous.
Sonus have documented the process nicely here: