Upcoming Events: MS UC User Group London 19th April and #PowerShell PowerCamp London 21st-22nd April
Two great upcoming events, hope to see you at either, or even better both!
This April MUCUGL has partnered with the kind folks at Acme Packet – a leading manufacturer of Lync qualified Session Border Controllers or SBCs. First up Adam Jacobs will introduce the benefits of Fixed-to-Mobile convergence and then run though a reference architecture, next up Justin will go into a deep-dive session on internal and external Lync Call Flow.We’ll then have David Wray, a guest speaker from Acme Packet, who will give us an overview of how Acme Packet achieves SIP session management within the SME up to carrier-grade environments.Finally I (Tom) will provide an industry update and focused Lync guidance/sharing.
A full agenda can be found below, we’re looking forward to seeing you there!
18.00-18.20 – (high-level)
Fixed-to-Mobile (FMC) Convergence with Microsoft UC (AJ)
18.20-18.40 – (deep-dive)
Lync Internal and External Call Flow Explained (JM)
18.40-19.10 – (Networking)
19.00-19.45 – (Guest Speaker)
SIP Session Management for Microsoft UC (DW)
19.45-20.00 – (Gen. Update & Q/A)
Latest resources and speaker specific updates (TA)
1 Change Alley
London, UK EC3V 3ND
Once again I will be guest speaking at Thomas Lee’s (PowerShell veteran and Microsoft MVP) excellent PowerShell PowerCamp. It’s a fast paced weekend PowerShell training event at Microsoft Cardinal Place, 100 Victoria Street in Victoria. It’s only £200 and runs from 9:00 to 16:45 each day. I’ll be talking in the guest spot on Sunday. There is also a few “PowerDrinks” on the Saturday night :-)
Day 1 – The Basics
• PowerShell Fundamentals – starting with the key elements of PowerShell (Cmdlets, Objects and the Pipeline) plus installation, setup, and profiles
• Discovery – finding your way and learning how to discover more
• Formatting – how to format output nicely – both by default and using hash tables and display XML
• Remoting – working with remote systems using PowerShell’s remoting capabilities
• Providers – getting into OS data stores via PSProviders
Day 2 – Diving Deeper
• Scripting Concepts – automating everyday tasks including PowerShell’s language constructs, error handling and debugging (both from the command line and using an IDE)
• Modules – managing PowerShell script libraries in the enterprise
• .NET/WMI/COM Objects – working with native objects
• PowerShell and Windows Client/Server – how you can use built in PowerShell cmdlets
• PowerShell in Key Microsoft Servers – a look at PowerShell today in SQL, SCVMM plus a look forward to the future with SharePoint 2010
• PowerShell and the cloud – this module looks at PowerShell in the cloud and how you can use PowerShell to manage cloud computing.
• PowerShell V3 – this final module shows you what’s new in PowerShell V3.
Contact [email protected] to book a place and to arrange for the invoice to be paid. Payment must be in cash, cheque or bank transfer – no credit cards.
I’m really looking forward to both events and hope to see you there.