Subscribe via RSS Feed Connect on LinkedIn

#Lync for iPhone and iPad available for download now! screenshots and links

20/12/2011 23 Comments

Let the great flow of blog posts and tweets begin Smile

Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPhone Download here

Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPad Download here

Here are a few screenshots of the initial setup and sign in.

Let me know your thoughts

iPhone screenshots:

IMG_0948IMG_0949IMG_0950IMG_0951IMG_0952IMG_0953IMG_0954IMG_0955IMG_0956IMG_0957IMG_0958

iPad screenshots (from app store):

iPad Screenshot 4

iPad Screenshot 1

iPad Screenshot 2

iPad Screenshot 3

Useful? Please take a second to shareTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on Google+Email this to someone
Tom Arbuthnot

Tom Arbuthnot

Managing Consultant at Modality Systems
Tom Arbuthnot is a Microsoft Lync Certified Master and MVP. He is a blogger, regular on The UC Architects Podcast, contributing writer to Lync Server 2013 Unleashed and speaker at events such as Lync Conference and The Microsoft UC User Group London. He is currently Managing Consultant at Modality Systems.
Tom Arbuthnot
Filed in: Microsoft • Tags: , , , , ,

Comments (23)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Ofertas ADSL says:

Hi:

i´m trying it, but in my iphone doesn´t apear the option “simultaneous ring” How can I activate it?

2. Paul says:

Can’t seem to get logged into my lync from iPhone. Did you have to do initial config to iPhone while on corporate network? Should I have to do any changes to my environment or anything? Not sure where to look for why I can’t connect.

Thanks
    Paul

• Tom Arbuthnot says:

Hi, yes there are changes to be made on the Lync server side. You need CU4 and the mobility service installed.

Hope that helps

Tom

• Kevin Beel says:

Thanks for this insight Tom. Seems we are just adding the November 2011 cumulative update for Lync Server 2010 this weekend that will cover the Mobility Service, Autodiscover Service, and support for push notifications – hoorah!

3. Ray says:

We just downloaded the iOS app but like Paul, are having trouble getting clients to connect. You mentioned CU4 and the Mobility Service. Can you elaborate? Our main tech is out today, and his backup is not familiar with these things. Where should they look for this stuff?
    Thanks

4. David says:

I have a simple Lync installation where everything is internal on the Lync Front End server. We are in manufacturing where it is common for people to be about with their Ipads. I have followed all of the instruction, and still cannot get the app to work. I followed Jeff’s blog, as well as reading everything Microsoft has put out. What do people put for the server? The FQDN of the front end server, or the lyncdiscover.domain.com? If I use that, I get a certificate error. If I use the Lync server name, there is no error, but it just sits there and never logs in.

5. Les says:

Hi Tom,
    Is there any way to make the iPhone client communicate with a Office Communicator 2007 R2 server?

I know, I’m working on the upgrade :-(

• Tom Arbuthnot says:

Hi Les,

Unfortunately it’s not possible to make the Microsoft clients work against OCS. However my company (Modality Systems), do have an iPhone client, iDialog, that works with OCS against the OCS CWA role. That might fit your requirements?

hope that helps

Tom

6. Franck says:

HI,

Do you know if you can have vidéo ans the voice in the Ipad Lync application?

Thx

• Tom Arbuthnot says:

Not on the official Microsoft app no. There is a 3rd party Xync app, reviews are variable though

thanks

Tom

7. Seferino says:

Just I’d like to know if I can install lynk 2010 on my android L3G?

8. Seferino says:

Well thanks.I would have gotten because I’ve used before and it’s awesome,but thank you anyway.

9. Very good info. Lucky me I came across your blog by accident (stumbleupon).
    I’ve bookmarked it for later!

10. Joel says:

After I originally left a comment I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I recieve four emails
    with the same comment. Perhaps there is a way you are able
    to remove me from that service? Thanks!