What’s the magic behind Lync?, well there is more than one answer to that, but right up there is PowerShell. All the setup and administration is controlled via PowerShell, giving you a great level of control and ability to script and automate actions.
So to really know Lync, you need to really know the PowerShell cmdlets. How do you learn them? Well they are very well documented on Technet and the Lync PowerShell Blog is a great place to start too, with their Daily Haiku and Weekly PowerShell Challenge.
For me it’s nice to lean things visually, so I’ve created mind maps of the cmdlets by verb and by category.
The maps are in flash format, and contain the cmdlet, brief synopsis and link to the relevant technet article.
You can right click to see all the levels
And use the bottom left toolbar to zoom in and out, scale and search
I hope you find this useful in your learning
Sites That Link to this Post
- Lync PowerShell Cmdlets Mind Maps | Lync’d Up « JC’s Blog-O-Gibberish | 09/05/2011
- Lync PowerShell Cmdlets Mind Maps « MS Tech BLOG | 10/05/2011
- Lync PowerShell mind maps | Mohammad Saeed's UC Blog | 27/05/2011
- Lync PowerShell Cmdlets Mind Map | a Single Point of Contact | 31/05/2011
- The Geekery » Bookmarks for May 9th through June 2nd - The Geekery | 03/06/2011
- Lync Server 2010 PowerShell–Mind Map | Build Your Business on a Solid Infrastructure | 17/11/2011
- Lync PowerShell Cmdlets Mind Maps/ « MS Tech BLOG | 17/11/2011
- Brief Review of 2011, more exciting stuff ahead in 2012 | Lync'd Up | 31/12/2011
- Interview with a Lync Pro: Tom Arbuthnot - NextHop - Site Home - TechNet Blogs | 24/02/2012
- Lync Server Cmdlet Mind Maps - Lync PowerShell - Site Home - TechNet Blogs | 25/03/2013